Not losing and having a stressful summer

Twinels2
on 8/16/10 1:52 am - Morgantown , PA
Hi everyone,
I haven't been here all summer. It has been a rough one. I have split up with my husband and under financial stress to boot. I have had 2 fills and my band is nearly full. My last fill was 10 days ago and I may be a little tight. I may have a bit of an unfill if I throw up again. I have talked to the nurse and will be on soft foods today and tomorrow if I get stuck or throw up I have to call for an appointment.
I have pretty much stayed the same weight all summer. I gain a couple and lose them again but that is it. I know that without the band I would have gained 5 or more pounds by now. It is discouraging because I have been working out regally for the first time ever and I am not losing.
My food choices haven't been great and emotionally eating has taken over quite a bit over the summer but, now I must buckle down and start logging my food intake and keep up the exercises.
MaMa_M
on 8/16/10 3:03 am - MI
Stress certainly can make us "fall off the wagon" but we must not let it beat us. Take a deap breath and pat yourself on the back for the success you have had to this point and then pull yourself up and get back on the wagon. Start to journal your food for a couple of weeks, once you see on paper (or the computer screen) exactly what you are eatting you can better adjust your food. Sometimes seeing it is believing it! Step one was coming here and admitting there is a problem...not let's go fix it!
MaMa M

LillieGracesMom
on 8/16/10 6:45 am
I agree with Mama M.  Keeping a written record of everything that goes into your mouth is a great way to get back on track and see where you are making unwise food choices.  Make sure to track calories and protein, keeping in mind to get 60-80 grams of protein each day.  Also, don't skip the water.  At least 8 cups a day is the general rule.  YOU CAN DO THIS! 
Best of luck to you and remember, we are all here if you have questions or just need to vent.
-Heather

AnitaMcD
on 8/16/10 8:55 am - So. Orange County, CA
 Hang in there... "life" is gonna happen to all of us at one point or another.  Good luck to you!

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

Tom C.
on 8/16/10 9:23 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Sharon,

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but would I be TOM if I didn't put my 2¢? And know I say this with all my love to you. 

Here is some tough love .. Yesterday is over and done with. There is nothing we can do about it. Tomorrow is NOW, and it’s time to get yourself back on track.

I admire you admit your choices haven’t been great. How many times in the past you DID do this?

You need to realize you are stronger than any craving or any food. You need to stop and reflect and be proud of all you have accomplished and call upon your strength. How do I know you have strength? Because it took strength to admit you wanted to regain control of your life; it took strength to have the operation; it took strength to make you lose weight; it took strength to realize you’re not doing what you’re suppose to be doing; and it took strength to ask for help.

Remember this isn’t a diet plan; it’s a way of life. So slips, stumbles and falls will occur. What we do when this happens is truly important. You need to get yourself up, dust yourself off, and get yourself to continue down the road to success.

What you first need to do is ask yourself “Where did I come from" .. then ask yourself “Why did I do this operation" – basically the answer is because it’s a last resort.

GET BACK TO THE BASICS !! I tell everyone that. Pretend today was day one of the operation and go back to a strict liquid diet. Do this for a few days (maybe a week), then go onto the next stage of soft food then finally regular food. What you are doing it is detoxing your body of the sugars and bad carbs. When you find yourself hungry – eat .. but SENSIBLE foods. Make sure you also follow all the rules.

You need to go back and follow the rules that made you successful. You need to have the 64 ounces of NON-CARBONATE/DECAFFEINATED liquid. You need to have your 60 to 80 grams of protein. You need to make sure you don’t drink 30 minutes before/after or during your meal. 

What you need to remember is they put the band around your stomach, and not around your brain. You will need to use some self control when it comes to food. If you are hungry stop and ask yourself is this real hunger or head hunger. Asking that alone will probably be an indication it’s head hunger, so you know what to do. Get busy doing something else. If that doesn’t work, EAT – but SOMETHING HEALTHY. Have some salad; vegetables, PROTEIN, etc.

You need to get to support groups. Look on line to find ones around you. You need to discuss this with your Doctor. That’s why he’s there. If you feel you’re not getting the support from him, then you need to go to another Doctor. Remember you are the client/consumer. If you’re paying for a service, you want the best service for that money. If not, move on. You are worth THE BEST because YOU ARE THE BEST !!

REMEMBER what it took to make you successful. YOU CAN DO IT !! And know I am here if you need me.

Also be proud that you’ve been yo-yoing with 5 pounds. When was the last time you were able to do this??? ONLY 5 POUNDS!! Heck, Naturally thin people do the same thing – so you’re in great company.

Now – get off your a$$ – stop making excuses – and (sorry Nike) JUST DO IT !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Twinels2
on 8/17/10 12:32 pm - Morgantown , PA
Thanks for all the great advice. Tom your so inspiring. I have lost 2 pounds since my fill 12 days ago and I am doing well with my calories and journaling my food. I think I am back on track and I can lose another 30 pounds or so this year.
Shrinking Sharon

Most Active